1. Mutton Bustin takes place during the rodeo performance. You may choose your performance date.
2. All children must be between the ages of 4 and 7 and weigh no more than 60 lbs.
3. A parental consent form must be signed (see attached).
4. Each go-round will be filled on a first come first served basis; maximum of 15 contestants for each day. Entries are limited to one entry (one ride) per person.
5. There will be no entry fee. Contestants and parents or guardians must purchase a Rodeo ticket.
6. One parent/guardian is allowed into the arena to assist their child.
7. Parents/family members and contestants must conduct themselves in a fair and supportive way towards ALL contestants. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of your child and possible removal from the premises.
8. Contestants must wear long sleeve shirts, long pants, and closed toe shoes (boots are recommended).
9. Protective gear must be worn and will be provided.
10. Contestants must report to the northeast side of the arena – beside the bucking chutes at the time listed on the entry packet.
11. SCORING PROCEDURES – Riders must stay on 4 seconds to receive a score. Decisions of the judges are final. No re-rides will be given.
12. Choice of animal is not allowed.
13. Contestant is to grasp with both hands during the ride. No extra points are given for one hand rides.
14. No spurs, ropes or riggings will be allowed.
15. Prizes will be awarded as follows: The top scorer for each day will receive a buckle. All participants will receive a trophy.
16. Event Director’s decisions are final for any questions that may arise regarding the event.
17. Completed entry forms must be submitted beginning December 1, 2021 at Los Fresnos City Hall located at 520 East Ocean Boulevard, Los Fresnos, Texas or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Mark Milum at 956-266-4566.