1. The Los Fresnos Rodeo Committee, Inc. and Cameron County Fair & Livestock Show will not be responsible for any accidents with the calf scramble.
2. Qualifications for contestants are:
A. Contestants must be members of a 4-H or FFA Club.
B. Contestants must be showing their animals at the 2019 Cameron County Fair & Livestock Show. Home show only contestants are not eligible to participate.
3. Contestants must be in good health and be physically fit to participate.
4. In the older groups, each contestant catching a calf is required to put the halter on and pull the calf across the finish line without aid. In the younger groups, each contestant is required to untie the ribbon on the calf and cross the finish line. Referees will declare winners.
5. If a contestant has hold of a calf, no other contestant will be allowed to touch the calf unless it breaks away.
6. If two or more contestants catch the same calf, they will be ordered by the referee to release it.
7. Poor sportsmanship will automatically disqualify any contestant, and undue roughness will not be tolerated.
8. Each child who wishes to participate must submit a Minor's Release.
9. No more than 30 contestants will be allowed in each group. If there are more than 30 contestants names will be drawn to determine who will participate.
10. Scholarships will be given immediately to three (3) winners in each group as follows:
- First Place $200, Second Place $100, Third Place $50
- Ribbons will be given to up to 10 places.
11. The scholarships must be used for the purchase of an animal or feed for an animal which will be their project for the Cameron County Fair & Livestock Show.
12. There will be 6 groups, with a male and female group during each rodeo performance. The order will be as follows:
Friday, February 14 @ 7:30 pm
Male - Grade 9 through Grade 12
Female - Grade 9 through Grade 12
Saturday, February 15 @ 7:00 pm
Male - Grade 6 through Grade 8
Female - Grade 6 through Grade 8
Sunday, February 16 @ 3:00 pm
Male - Grade 3 through Grade 5
Female - Grade 3 through Grade 5